Saturday, April 26, 2008

Day 63--Coming Up Aces



Some fun facts about the circumstances of this picture:

-it was my first Journal shoot since December
-it was my first sports assignment in over year
-it was the first time I've shot tennis since college

Turns out it's not as exciting in real life as it is in my mind. In this case, at least, there's far less grunting and power strokes as I seem to expect. And it's a hard call--do I go out on the court and shoot, doing my best to stay out of the way or do I shoot through the fence?

In this case I was on the court, but I was constantly worried that my shutter clicks would prove distracting. But maybe I was getting tennis and golf confused. But no one seemed to mind.

Anyways, it was fun shooting something and knowing I'd get paid for it.

Dave

No comments: